Kitty update

Wednesday, February 27th, 2008 | Uncategorized

Just got off the phone with the vet. Cliff’s labs are not good. I could bring her in for surgery tomorrow, but the odds of her both surviving it and being ok after aren’t so hot. So instead, we’re opting for waiting through the weekend, continuing her penicillin and fluids, giving her narcotic pain relievers (stoned kitty!) and reducing her thyroid medication. Then we’ll check her again on Monday and see if she’s better equipped for surgery Tuesday.

I’m hoping for the very best for my little munchkin, but you just know things are never good when the vet gives you a bunch of crappy options and then tells you, “I’m glad this isn’t my decision to make.”

So no uncrossing those fingers yet. Cliffy’s still got a long road ahead of her.

7 Comments to Kitty update

drezdn
2/27/2008

I hope everything works out for you and your cat.

bb
2/27/2008

Fingers still crossed. I hope she improves over the weekend…

2fs
2/27/2008

Damn. I know how tough it was on us when our cat Spin got sick years ago, when he was pretty old (16). I hope the kitty’s okay…

Kymber
2/28/2008

I hope he gets better. :( Cliff is in my thoughts.

Kim
2/28/2008

Please give Cliffy some love from me. I’ll keep my fingers crossed too!

marglytta
2/28/2008

all paws and fingers still crossed over here!

Sherri
2/28/2008

I’m hoping good things for Cliffy. I will think good thoughts as I hug each of my little beasts today.

Leave a comment

Contact

Meta

Search